Saturday, December 16, 2006,12/16/2006 07:42:00 pm
Muslims mystics
Time to time I will post quotations or poems from some of the most known mystic and spiritual teachers in Islam. Ibn Arabi is one of these mystics,who is accepted as being one of the greatest spiritual teachers, not just for the Muslims but the whole world. He is known as the Shakh al-Akbar (greatest master). More will follow on this subject.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder,
A garden among the flames!

My heart can take on any form:
A meadow for gazelles,
A cloister for monks,
For the idols, sacred ground,
Ka'ba for the circling pilgrim,
The tables of the Torah,
The scrolls of the Quran.

My creed is Love;
Wherever its caravan turns along the way,
That is my belief,
My faith.

- Ibn Arabi
 
posted by esma
Permalink ยค